Tuesday, October 14, 2008

finally!



A day off! As in, nothing planned after 6 straight hours of classes today. Sure, the rest of my week is loaded up to the max, but after today, I'll be so ready, yo. I'm using tonight to re-energize fo shizzle.

On another note: Soy brillante. Recibí un grado perfecto en mi examen español hoy. ¡Hurra!

And finally, I came across a really cute movie poster for "The Ugly Truth." (or is it really "theuglytruth"?) So I totally IMDBed it, and the plot summary is amazingly enticing:

A romantically challenged morning show producer (Heigl) is reluctantly embroiled in a series of outrageous tests by her chauvinistic correspondent (Butler) to prove his theories on relationships and help her find love. His clever ploys, however, lead to an unexpected result.

How fresh and original! Heigl really went out there for this role; it doesn't sound at all like the romantically challenged E! host she played in Knocked Up. And a chauvinistic correspondent? Assholes are really hot, you know. They only act jerky so when the right woman comes along, they can change. I guess that's why they keep popping up in romantic comedies. I mean, really? Really?! (to steal a line from Amy Poeler) How many men are outwardly chauvinistic in the workplace these days anyway? It worked in 9 to 5, but that was made in 1980.

I must say that the best part of the summary is the "unexpected result" we can look forward to at the end of the movie. Wow. I just have no idea what it could be. So does that mean Katherine Heigl will hate Gerald Butler for being an obnoxious smart ass? She won't fall for his rugged good looks, charming smile and clever, incorrigibly rascal ways? That must mean she will most definitely not fall for him when she shockingly discovers he really has a heart of gold and/or some past trauma that understandably made him this way. He in turn won't be able to see her as anything more than a smoking hot body and blonde hair because they will not be thrown together in a contrived instance where they will be forced to talk and get to know one another!

The ugly truth is, this movie was already made before. Although I'm pretty sure the first time, it was called Someone Like You and starred Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman.

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.