Monday, August 25, 2008

google, you fiend

[photo taken by "me"]

So I Googled myself today. I haven’t done that in a while (contrary to what you might think). Anyway, the results were interesting. I was once Miss Midlander, or I am an “eternally single” 27 year old living in Dallas with quite the photography skills, or a Research Data Associate at NYU Cancer Institute. I’m kind of impressive, no?

Actually, what this little exercise mostly did was make me feel worse about the few meager things I’ve accomplished in my life. It’s like I looked at myself on a comparison chart and saw that I wasn’t up to par with the rest of those with my namesake. I’m not living up to my potential.

But in other ways, it’s interesting how I almost kind of feel a connection to these random girls that happen to have the same name as me. I read their bios (or whatever’s posted online), and I think, “Hey, that’s just like me!” and it’s oddly reassuring that somewhere there’s someone out there kind of like me. Like an evil twin thing. It’s kind of funny.

Suddenly I have the urge to take some artsy photographs.

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.