Thursday, June 18, 2009

school's out for summer



There's something about rock and roll that warms your heart and fills your soul. Maybe it's rock's history, or iconic status, or simply the fact that it sounds awesome, but I'm going to say that if you're a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll. Not everything can be expressed while shaking your ass out on the dance floor (I'm talking to you, KIIS FM). Sometimes people are sad. Sometimes they're happy. Sometimes they just want to beat someone up. For all of those things, there is a rock song that will fit your mood. I know I'm going through a neurotic emotional crisis when all the songs on the radio seem to reflect my own life. It might be projecting a bit to really believe that whatever those rockstars are singing about is really meant for you. It's kind of like that section in US weekly where they show celebrities eating a burrito because THEY'RE JUST LIKE US. But I still think there's an extent of universality in song lyrics that helps you connect to the music. Rock allows for such a variety of melodies, which is why it's always there to make you feel like you're not alone, no mater what you're feeling. It's a tangible thing that you can listen to and say "Yes. THESE are my emotions."

You know how they say there's a halmark card for every occasion? I like to say that there's a song for every emotion. HA! That's corny.




Young teacher, the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside her theres longing
This girls an open page
Book marking - shes so close now
This girl is half his age

Dont stand, dont stand so
Dont stand so close to me

Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes its not so easy
To be the teachers pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, shes waiting
His car is warm and dry

Dont stand, dont stand so
Dont stand so close to me



...Sorry, I just got distracted by this really catchy song. ;)

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.