Saturday, March 14, 2009

family matters



Oh 80's sitcoms. How I love thee. Thank God for Nick at Night.

Watching Family Matters right now. It's interesting the things you find to do when trying to avoid actual work.

Highlights:

Silly jokes like, Eddie: "Hey Waldo, how do I look?" Waldo: "With your eyes."

Corny lesson-learned type speeches like, Carl: "Well Laura, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

Semi-racist jokes that you couldn't get away with after 1992 like Carl's imitation of a convenience store owner-- some kind of "ethnic" accent?!?

It reminds me of the good old days when floral curtains and carpets where in, Dads wore Cosby sweaters, all sons cared about was getting dates and teenage daughters just wanted to wear make up, and the lesson was learned at the end of the day.

Yeah, technically Family Matters aired more during the 90's, but as a spin-off of Perfect Strangers (trivia alert!), it retains that oh so wholesome 80's spirit.

And as a conclusion, here is my haiku to Alex P. Keaton, #1 crush. The only reason why I watched Family Ties. And yes, a haiku is a little ironic, I'll admit.

young republican:
sweater vests, pills, wall street talks
;
chess, and courtney cox


Cool beans.

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.