Tuesday, September 23, 2008

pogs!


Hee. What a name! Pog. Pog. Pog. Pog. Pog. I had a flashback to the 90’s of my childhood the other day when a Pog appeared on my door (attached to a flyer). I had forgotten about those little buggers—I had quite the collection when I was younger. I remember I had a set from In-and-Out, all the (Mighty Morphin!) Power Rangers, and two slammers (one was red and one was gold). I had more, but those were my faves. I held them all in my day-glo orange and pink Flinstones Pog cases. Oh, the fun times. I didn’t usually have any formidable opponents to hone my skills (little brothers don’t know how to play!), so I spent a lot of my time lining them up, just admiring my collection.

Here’s how you play the game:

1. Both players put their Pogs face down in a pile.
2. One player throws his slammer (a heavier Pog) on top of the stack.
3. Any Pog which lands face up is given to the person who threw the slammer. All of the other Pogs are then collected and put back into the pile, and it is the next player's turn.
4. This continues until there are no more Pogs in the pile. If the players were ‘playing for keeps’ then the players keep what they won, but if not the Pogs are redistributed to the original owners.

Remember now? Remember?! ^_^ Pogs were the shit, man. Almost as entertaining as Hot Wheels. Pog. Pog. Pog. Pog. POG!

1 comment:

keviokevio said...

I REMEMBER POGS! My favorite were my Ninja Turtle ones. Yeah they were awesome.

Oh and knew how to play. I didn't think the actual game was that fun though...

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.