Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Butterfly



I’m not a butterflies-in-the-stomach sentimental-romantic type of girl. When I get crushes, which is rare, I don’t really get nervous. My main reflex is to maybe smile a lot when I’m around someone who gets my heart beating, but that’s a secret just between you and me.

I wouldn’t ask for much. Just a thoughtful gesture now and then.

But I wonder what it would feel like to be in the head over heels, kick me in the balls type of LOVE. There are so many songs dedicated to love and heartache, it must really be something to inspire such insipid descriptions.

Ok, I notice I’m sounding awfully bitter and cynical at this point, but actually all I’m saying is I just don’t UNDERSTAND it all. There was a period where literally every song on the radio related to my life, and every movie plot could have been made up of scenes from my (imaginary) life. Right now, however, love is just a noun.

You’ve lost that love good feeling, the Righteous Brothers once sang. I just hope one day I have it to lose.

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.