Sunday, January 17, 2010

procrastination

I haven't written in a while, and I don't know how often I will be in the future. Sometimes I get tired of blogging, because i feel like it puts so much of myself out there for the world to see. I have a lot of thoughts, but do I really want them all known? I don't want to look back on past posts and cringe at how I have exposed myself so forthrightly out there for every one. What if I say something stupid? Who is judging me?

Plus, I feel like I'm writing enough in other things. I try to keep a journal of all my daily thoughts that don't make the cutting room floor into this blog. I write for the school newspaper. I write for class. It's a lot of writing everyday, and frankly, I'd rather be watching TV.

But right now I'm just procrastinating and not doing my homework. I have to ready Tolstoy by Tuesday. As I sit here with the book in front of me however, I think about how lucky I am to have this assignment as the thing I am procrastinating about. I mean, oh poor me, I have to read Tolstoy! Only one of the greatest writers ever. And at least I'm not reading War and Peace. I think it's pretty great that I just read and write all day long. I don't know why people complain so much, if they're studying what they love. Most people aren't, I realize, but come on, it can't be that bad.

No comments:

The Aura of:

My photo
I tend to get obsessive about things for a while, then get over it, and start to wonder what was wrong with me in the first place. Also, having no section for "Favorite TV Shows" makes absolutely no sense to me. That should tell you a lot right there.